Azure Stream Analytics has had severe important updates the last few months. And these updates make the Azure Stream Analytics job even more powerful.
Working with Geo coordinates has alway intrigued me. So the third major update is my favorite: built-in geospatial functions.
There are three functions for supporting GeoJSON objects:
- CreatePoint. Returns a GeoJSON Point record
- CreatePolygon. Returns a GeoJSON Polygon record
- CreateLineString. Returns a GeoJSON LineString record
So we have points, lines and areas.
And there are several functions for checking out the relation between these records:
- ST_WITHIN. Check if a point lays within an area
- ST_OVERLAPS. Check if an area lays within another area
- ST_INTERSECTS. Check if two lines overlap
- ST_DISTANCE. Calculate the distance between two points in meters
Let check this out using Stream Analytics.